Sometimes Stellar Storyteller Six Word Story Challenge

Challenge open Saturday 10th June 2017 – Thursday 15th June 2017

Welcome to the Sometimes Stellar Storyteller Six Word Story Challenge.

For those who have never dropped by before a new prompt is posted every Saturday morning at 9am GMT.

Today’s prompt is:

Parley

My attempt at today’s prompt is:

There’s nothing in it for me.

Remember to share your entry on social media using the sharing buttons below! Let’s tell everyone about our challenge, the more the merrier!

Use the hashtag #SixWordStoryChallenge.

*******

How does it work?

1. Leave your story in the comments until Thursday 9pm (GMT)
  2. Like, comment & engage with other authors
  3. Come back on Thursday to vote for your favourite
  4. Bask in glory if you’re a winner.

Never tried microfiction before?

Never fear, help is at hand. Click through to my post on writing the best six word stories for inspiration.

Can I share my story?

Of course you can! Tell your story and inspire others to have a go.

Write a blog post, send me a pingback and share on social media.

Use any of these hashtags #SixWordStoryChallenge #6words #sixwordstory #microfiction #flashfiction #fiction #amwriting

How is the winner chosen?

I close entry to the Six Word Story Challenge on Thursday at 9pm. I open a poll at 10pm which remains open for 24hrs. Anybody and everybody is invited to vote in this poll, the winner is the story with the most votes at 9pm on Friday. Simples!

Click through to this page to read the full rules of the challenge.

Good luck!

This entry was posted in Six Word Story Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to Sometimes Stellar Storyteller Six Word Story Challenge

1. Pingback: And the Winner of The Six Word Story Challenge is… | Sometimes Stellar Storyteller

2. Pingback: VOTE NOW for the winner of this week’s Six Word Story Challenge! | Sometimes Stellar Storyteller

3. Anonymous says:

Sitting across table
    With hidden swords

4. Na says:

Sitting across table
    With hidden swords

5. Na says:

Sitting across table
    With hidden swords

6. Winning or losing, what’s the difference?

7. A Work in Progress says:

We sat, glared, wrangled, shook hands.

8. Reblogged this on Wonderwall and commented:
    I had to check what parley, could guess it was connected to talking because of knowledge of French and word parliment. But, had to look it up to know for sure. The Colin’s dictionary defines as:
    1. variable noun
    A parley is a discussion between two opposing people or groups in which both sides try to come to an agreement.
    [old-fashioned]
    Synonyms: discussion, conference, meeting, talk(s) More Synonyms of parley
    2. verb
    When two opposing people or groups parley, they meet to discuss something in order to come to an agreement.
    [humorous , or informal]
    …a place where we meet and parley.
    I don’t think you’ve ever tried parleying with Gleed, have you?
    Synonyms: discuss, talk, speak, negotiate More Synonyms of parley

When I read that at weekend then I thought about the hung parliment in England after last week’s election and the talking ‘parley’ that will need to be done to resolve that situation.

However today, had really difficult conversation at work, feeling upset so wrote this in 30seconds about how I feel. I mention dialogue to try and convey in one word, two way communication. I think sometimes when you have got your point across and they have made, if still no agreement sometimes you just have to accept and walk away rather than embarrassing self further. Therefore these thoughts condensed came to:
    She walked head high; dialogue complete.

9. She walked head high; dialogue complete.

10. Jael Sook says:

Flee, don’t parley with the devil!

11. Pingback: Flee, Don’t Parley (6-Word Story) | GOD'S CHAIR

12. Jael Sook says:

I stumbled on your blog and cool challenge–and love the violet/periwinkle heart So Much! I hope it’s alright that I don’t participate according to all the conditions–I’m old, and don’t do challenges or competitions. But I can write a 6-word sentence–so that’s what I did–including your name, link and lovely heart in my post. I hope that’s permissible, but if not, please let me know 😉

• Hi Jael, you are more than welcome to take part on your own terms and not enter. I’m glad you let me know, I’ve popped over to your blog and I wouldn’t have been able to read your story if you’d remained incognito. I hope you feel like participating again, I post a new prompt every week.

• Jael Sook says:

Thank you for being so gracious, Nicola–I’ve Followed you so that I won’t miss a prompt! 6 sentences is just my speed, I enjoyed “parley” 🙂

13. Pipe of peace. Our country now!

14. Pingback: Sometimes Stellar Storyteller Six Word Story Challenge! – itsallaboutnothingg

15. jerennazuto says:

Shit!, I thought I am SURRENDERING!

16. priyanka2v9 says:

They met to discuss. One Returned.

17. N says:

She lost the argument. He surrendered.

18. Pingback: Survival – Life's Flavours

19. Robin says:

Parley? Wish I had spinach instead.

20. https://digantamisra1.wordpress.com/2017/06/11/win-win/
    My attempt for this week’s prompt: “It’s a win-win for both”

21. Pingback: Win-Win? – plasticsouls

22. frankhubeny says:

YOU lost! No. YOU lost! No.

23. “I like boys!”, or do I?

24. “Ten?”
    “Twenty.”
    “Fifteen?”
    “Eighteen.”
    “Sixteen?”
    “Deal!”

25. Sheryl says:

Parlez-vous anglais? Oops wrong parley.

26. “I said parley not parsley!” Shootout.

27. Fun. It isn’t normal, is it?

28. Alexis says:

I had one choice, fight.

29. Pingback: Six Word Saturday #3 – Mrs. Book Dragon

30. The dead heart duped the garland!
    -Kashish Chadha

31. Here’s the deal, you clowns.

32. Pingback: Six Word Story: Parley | Isabel Caves

33. Isabel Caves says:

I played the tapes. He surrendered.

34. The terms were simple…complete surrender.

35. Pingback: six word story #5 – My Random Ramblings

36. Lengthy negotiations eventually resolved their conflicts.

37. PoojaG says:

That is just not acceptable, sir!

They tried loving without conditions: failure.