And the winner of this week’s Six Word Story Challenge is…

six word story, 6 word story, writing prompt

Tonight I announce the first winner of the Six Word Story Challenge to be chosen by the new voting system. I’d love to hear your thoughts on how it went for you;

• Did you think it was fairer on those who entered later in the week?
  • Did find it easier to read the entries and vote?
  • Did you think it was a pain to have to come back after you’d entered your story just to cast a vote?
  • Are you really not bothered at all and wish I’d stop asking these ridiculous questions?

I myself slept better at night believing it was a fairer playing field for everyone involved. My only concern was that not everyone who dropped by to leave a story would have the chance to pop over and vote on Thursday or Friday, but I will do my best to remind you that the vote is open to minimise this.

Anyway, you didn’t come here to listen to me chat, you want to know who the winning author of our Confusion story is. Let me put you out of your misery:

First place:

Adrian King with her story ‘Wasn’t comprehensible… but completely worth it.’

*watch out for a guest post from Adrian coming soon!

Second place:

Baheya with her story ‘Turn right. There is no right.’

Third place:

PoojaG with the story ‘Who is she? Who am I?’

All of this week’s winners are entitled to download and use one of the below badges on their blog as a sign of their storytelling genius.

This entry was posted in Six Word Story Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to And the winner of this week’s Six Word Story Challenge is…

Woot! Woot! Congratulations winners! Great entries, all of them!

2. Pingback: I Won Something! (Kind Of) | lifesfinewhine

3. EDC Writing says:

Well done Nicola … and all three winners … the result surprised me – in a good way”

4. Em says:

This is a great way of voting. The entries were all clear and easy to see. I think you should just have the one vote too. Well done winners 😊

5. oneta hayes says:

I think it is a better way to do it, although I forgot! Sorry. I’ve not been keeping up on some things. The other way gave the first entries a much better shop at winning. Sometimes those whose day began earlier were already four or five votes ahead. It was fun, however, so winning was not the only satisfaction. Thanks for conducting this challenge.

6. Great entries and the winners are worthy of a round of applause👏👏👏. Loved the new system. Great to be able to read them all together, and for the anonymity. Well done Nicola for all the hard work.

7. kirstwrites says:

Can we only vote for one? I thought I saw somewhere that we could still choose several, but maybe I misread that? Other than that minor confusion, all works fine for me!

8. rugby843 says:

I liked it. Seeing them all in one place, easy to read and vote.👍🏻

9. Patty J says:

Congratulations all! The new method worked well for me.