Challenge open Saturday 1st April 2017 – Friday 7th April 2017
Welcome to the Sometimes Stellar Storyteller Six Word Story Challenge.
For those who have never dropped by before a new prompt is posted every Saturday morning at 9am GMT.
Today’s prompt is:
My attempt at today’s prompt is:
Storyteller confuses blogosphere with rule change
Remember to share your entry on social media using the sharing buttons below! Let’s tell everyone about our challenge, the more the merrier!
Use the hashtag #SixWordStoryChallenge.
How do I take part?
All you need to do is take today’s prompt, write a whole story in six words and post it in the comments below. The winner of the challenge will be the story with the most votes in the separate poll by the close of the challenge on Friday evening.
Never tried micro fiction before?
Never fear, help is at hand. Click through to my post on writing the best six word stories for inspiration.
Can I share my story?
Of course you can! It isn’t a condition of entering the challenge that you write a blog post about your entry, but please feel free to tell your friends and followers about your story (which I know will be awesome) and invite them to come and vote for their favourites. You never know, you might just inspire someone else to have a go themselves. Twitter is also a great place to share your story. Use any of these hashtags #SixWordStoryChallenge #6words #sixwordstory #microfiction #flashfiction #fiction #amwriting
How is the winner chosen?
Note: NEW VOTING METHOD THIS WEEK
In the spirit of fairness, the winner is chosen by a democratic vote. Entry to the challenge will be open from 9am Saturday morning to 10pm the following Thursday (five days later). On Thursday evening I will collate all entries into a poll and publish a new post inviting a public vote. The poll will be open for 24hrs. The story with the most votes on Friday evening will be crowned champion. There’s no physical prize on offer, only our undying respect for your storytelling genius.
So – to recap:
- Leave your story in the comments below (only one mind!)
- Write a blog and send a pingback if you want to
- Come back on Thursday and vote for your favourites. Tell your friends and followers to come and read your entry (every vote counts right?)
- Wait patiently until Friday
PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE. I DO NOT CHOOSE THE WINNER, YOU DO. IF YOU DON’T VOTE THERE CAN BE NO WINNER (and that will just be awkward).
The Full List of Rules to Which We Must Abide:
- Write a story in six words or less inspired by the prompt. It doesn’t have to include the prompt word unless you want it to.
- Write your story in a comment below to be entered. A link to a blog post is not an entry.
- A blog post and a pingback is not a requirement of the challenge, just your story in the comments below but feel free to add your own blog post if you wish. Remember to use the tag #SixWordStoryChallenge if you do and provide a link to your post.
- The winner will be the story with the most votes at the end of the challenge. Votes will only count if cast in the collated poll published on a Thursday evening.
- I will announce the winner on this blog on Friday evening (10pm GMT) and include links to the winners’ blogs.
- First, second and third place will have the honour of downloading and using one of my highly coveted award badges on their blogs should they wish to do so.
- In the event of a tie for first, second or third places, I will choose a single story to take the placement. This will be the story I feel best interpreted the prompt and six word medium.
- Only one entry per person please. Multiple entries will be deleted leaving the first submission only.