And the winner of this week’s Six Word Story Challenge is…

six word story, 6 word story, writing prompt

Friday can only mean one thing, it’s time to bring this week’s Six Word Story Challenge to a close.

This week I left you the prompt of TEMPTATION to wrap your storytelling noodles around. This was in homage to my ongoing struggle to ignore the bag of Easter Eggs singing to me from the top of my wardrobe. You’ll be disappointed to know that I gave in, so far two of them haven’t survived.

Your stories of temptation ranged from the original sin to sins of the flesh, from the pain of abstinence to the effects of others’ weaknesses. There really was a lot to be tempted by this week, well done storytellers, you outdid yourselves again.

It was great to see so many votes this week. I’m toying with the idea of separating the challenge into a ‘posting stories’ section and a ‘voting’ section. I’m thinking of running the ‘posting stories’ portion of the challenge until Thursday and then collating the entries into a poll for 24hrs of voting. This way everyone gets a fair chance of winning. I’m sure most people have worked out by now that the earlier you get your stories into the comments section the more votes you collect – the early bird most definitely catches the worm most weeks. What would you think of this idea? Does anyone have any better ideas for levelling the playing field or are you happy to leave it as it is? I’d welcome your thoughts on this.

Just a little update for you while we’re all together, you may recall that I posted a survey asking whether you’d be interested in an interactive writing workshop. The huge majority of those voting said they’d love to take part so I will put my thinking cap on and start to build a topic list. If you have anything you’d like to add to this, please let me know, this way we can talk about the things that would be most helpful to you. Thanks for taking the time to vote – and I’m sorry in advance to those of you who’ll be bored by it all!

Anyway, to this week’s winners;

In First place:

Haylee with her story ‘A seemingly innocuous box: Open it?’

In Second place:

trE with her story ‘Weakened by words, she fell hard.’

In Third place:

Martin Cororan with his story ‘Eve, you minx. Fancy an apple?

All of this week’s winners are entitled to download and use one of the below badges on their blog as a sign of their storytelling genius.

This entry was posted in Six Word Story Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to And the winner of this week’s Six Word Story Challenge is…

1. Chuck Levin says:

Nicole,

How do you tell a story in six words?

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Sometimes Stellar Storyteller wrote:

> Nicola Auckland posted: ” Friday can only mean one thing, it’s time to > bring this week’s Six Word Story Challenge to a close. This week I left you > the prompt of TEMPTATION to wrap your storytelling noodles around. This was > in homage to my ongoing struggle to ignore the b” >

2. Well done the winners !
    I’d vote to separate out the posting stories and the voting sections.

There were some outstanding entries this week! Thank you guys and congratulations to the winners! Fierce competition was all over this one!

4. Great entries and, yes, good idea re the voting.

5. Pan says:

Congrats to the those devilish little temptors 😁

I was tempted to play this week but my creativity wasn’t 😕

6. LucciaGray says:

Loved them all, especially the third prize! What a great twist on the original story.

7. Haylee says:

Hurrah! Thanks everyone – I’m glad my entry ‘tempted’ you to vote 😉 (sorry, too cheesy!)

As regards the new system, I’m all for it. I think a separate voting post would be good as it’s often hard to navigate through the entries when there are lots of replies to comments. Plus, I often forget to check back for new entries during the week unless I get a notification that someone has voted for mine.