Challenge open Saturday 28th January 2017 – Friday 3rd February 2017
Welcome to the Sometimes Stellar Storyteller Six Word Story Challenge.
For those who have never dropped by before a new prompt is posted every Saturday morning at 9am GMT.
Today’s prompt is:
My attempt at today’s prompt is:
The world wept in stunned disbelief.
Remember to share your entry on social media using the sharing buttons below! Let’s tell everyone about our challenge, the more the merrier!
How do I take part?
All you need to do is take today’s prompt, write a whole story in six words and post it in the comments below. The winner of the challenge will be the story with the most likes in the comments below by the close of the challenge on Friday evening.
Never tried micro fiction before?
Never fear, help is at hand. Click through to my post on writing the best six word stories for inspiration.
Can I share my story?
Of course you can! It isn’t a condition of entering the challenge that you write a blog post about your entry, but please feel free to tell your friends and followers about your story (which I know will be awesome) and invite them to come and vote for their favourites. You never know, you might just inspire someone else to have a go themselves.
How is the winner chosen?
In the spirit of fairness, the winner is chosen by a democratic vote. I will count up the number of ‘likes’ a story gets on a Friday evening and the one with the most is crowned champion. There’s no physical prize on offer, only our undying respect for your storytelling genius.
So – to recap:
- Leave your story in the comments below (only one mind!)
- Cast a vote or two for your favourites (there’s no limit on the number you can vote for)
- Write a blog and send a pingback if you want to (every vote counts right?)
- Wait patiently until Friday
PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE. I DO NOT CHOOSE THE WINNER, YOU DO. IF YOU DON’T VOTE THERE CAN BE NO WINNER (and that will just be awkward).
The Full List of Rules to Which We Must Abide:
- Write a story in six words or less inspired by the prompt. It doesn’t have to include the prompt word unless you want it to.
- Write your story in a comment below to be entered. A link to a blog post is not an entry.
- A blog post and a pingback is not a requirement of the challenge, just your story in the comments below but feel free to add your own blog post if you wish. Remember to use the tag #stellarstorychallenge if you do and provide a link to your post.
- Read and ‘like’ at least one other story published on this week’s prompt.
- The winner will be the story with the most likes at the end of the challenge. This week, the end of the challenge will be on Friday 27th January at 10pm GMT.
- I will announce the winner on this blog on Friday evening and include links to the winners’ blogs.
- First, second and third place will have the honour of downloading and using one of my highly coveted award badges on their blogs should they wish to do so.
- In the event of a tie for second and third places, I will choose a single story to take the placement.
- Only one entry per person please. Multiple entries will be deleted leaving the first submission only.