And the winner of this week’s Surreptitious Six Word Story Challenge is…

six word story challenge, micro fiction, 6 word story, prompt, writing, #amwriting

Welcome to Friday’s winner’s announcement Storytellers!

What an odd week it’s been. News from the States is that Donald Trump has revealed yet another despicable trait, yet us Brits are far more disturbed by the news that we might run out of Marmite! You heard me right – WE MIGHT RUN OUT OF MARMITE! I have acid reflux at the mere thought of it.

The Six Word Story Challenge was a balm this week, your surreptitious stories kept me sane during the alarmingly xenophobic rhetoric pouring from our own government. I thank you all.

My own contribution was Camouflage in place, they burrowed out. I was thinking Great Escape, Mission Impossible or any other SAS type story where they sneak away from  their captors or situation.

I hope you enjoyed taking part this week, let’s announce the winners:

This week, first place goes to:

Marigold Blooms with her story ‘Pocketing food, her child could eat.’

Second place goes to:

PatrickSponaugle with his story ‘No one notices me. By design.’

Third place goes to:

trE with her story ‘In her own skin, she’s invisible.’

Congratulations to all of this week’s winners. As usual, please feel free to download and use one of the below badges on you blog.

This entry was posted in Six Word Story Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to And the winner of this week’s Surreptitious Six Word Story Challenge is…

1. I appreciate concise writing. Congratulations to all.

What a delight! Thank you guys! Congratulations everyone!

3. Reblogged this on By the Wayside and commented:
    Some “extra” fun this week at Sometimes Stellar Storyteller’s Six Word Story Challenge. Go check out this week’s challenge! Have a good weekend everyone.

4. kirstwrites says:

Brilliant winners! Looking forward to the next challenge!

5. EDC Writing says:

Missed out entering this week but slightly relieved as all three winners in another league!

6. quercus100 says:

Great stories. Marigold’s story very powerful. Stays with you. Great job all!

7. Thanks, everyone. Thanks, Nicola. I enjoy the challenges, and winning is always a fun reward and good motivation. Have a wonderful and restful weekend! ☺️

8. Haylee says:

Well done winning folk (and everyone else having a bash at it). Is it just me and my near end of term addled brain or is Nicola making the prompts more difficult each week? Welcoming the challenge though!

9. blissobirds says:

Wonderful prompt and congrats to the winners — fine short short stories! I’ve been off the 6 story radar lately, but I’ve been thinking about swinging by. I’m so glad I did! Eager to see what tomorrow’s prompt brings. 🙂

As for politics, it is definitely a bitter pill to swallow regarding the Presidential election and that particular candidate. I will leave it at that. 🙂 I hadn’t heard of Marmite but now I think I understand. I’m curious as to its flavor. How would you describe it? Oh! That could be a six word story challenge in and of itself!

10. Congratulations to Marigold! I’m glad she won, she actually told a story…

Well done to those on the podium this week. I think Marigold Blooms entry is a very well deserved winner.
    Phew – thank goodness Marmite is restored to the shops!