Book Spine Poetry

I absolutely love this idea. Raid your bookshelves for interesting titles and create poetry!

I decided to give mine a Dean Koontz theme:

Dark rivers of the heart,

Fear nothing.

Sole survivor:

Shattered.

Have a go yourself. Send me a pingback or use the tag #BookspinePoetry so I can see the results.

IMG_9743

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Book Spine Poetry

1. Pingback: Book Spine Poetry :: A Few Bukowski Books Rescued from the Recesses of the Closet | wee ditty

2. Pingback: Book Spine Poetry: Beyond the Pale – Becoming Unstuck

3. Pingback: Book Spine Poetry – A New You – Body Renovations

4. Pingback: The Gift – soulgifts – Telling Tales

5. Pingback: Genius | ARHtistic License

6. Pingback: Transformation  | Diary of a Married Woman

7. Pingback: Book Spine Poetry – Achievement – Body Renovations

8. Pingback: CUTTING EDGE DESIGNS – soulgifts – Telling Tales

9. Pingback: The Thirteenth Tale: Far Traveler (A Poem) | Impromptu Promptlings

10. Pingback: Book Spine Poetry – Becoming Unstuck

11. Pingback: Book Spine Poetry: Silence Breeds New Breath | The Write Web

12. Ericajean says:

I think the magic in your poem happens with the brilliant use of punctuation. Drives the message home for me.

13. Ericajean says:

I love Dean Koontz’s earlier books- and you did magnificent with that poem!

14. Pingback: CD Poetry – Body Renovations

15. calensariel says:

What a totally awesome idea!!! I’ll have to have a go at MY shelves!!!

16. Pingback: Fool’s Quest – soulgifts – Telling Tales

17. Pingback: Hump Day Poetry – Week 7 | A Whispered Wind

18. Pingback: The Death Notebooks – Book Spine Poetry | A Whispered Wind

19. Pingback: Book Spine Poetry – The Piscean me

20. Srivi says:

This is really interesting 🙂 Let me raid my bookshelf now!

21. Arcane Owl says:

Love the idea! Thinking of giving it a try 😉

Have a great day!
    Arcane owl

22. Pingback: Book Spine Poetry – Tales & Trails

23. Pingback: Book Spine Poetry | Mind and Life Matters

24. This was fun – what a great idea! I just posted my result and sent you a pingback 🙂

25. Pingback: Book Spine Poetry – Just in Queso

26. Mary says:

This looks like a great idea! Will definitely try this!

27. Pingback: Book Spine Poetry – Body Renovations

28. ranu802 says:

This is a good idea Nicola, I think I’m interested to try. 🙂

29. You are brilliant! I love this idea. I’ll have to see what I can create. Stay creative my friend!

30. That poem came out really well, I should try. Lemme see if I have any interesting titles that I can put together.