Sometimes Stellar Storyteller Six Word Story Challenge

**THIS CHALLENGE HAS NOW ENDED. PLEASE VISIT THIS WEEK’S CHALLENGE TO ENTER**

Welcome to this week’s Sometimes Stellar Storyteller Six Word Story Challenge.

For those who have never dropped by before, a new prompt is posted every Saturday morning at 9am GMT for you to interpret in any way the muse grabs you.

All you need to do is take today’s prompt, write a whole story in six words and post it in the comments below. The winner of the challenge will be the story with the most likes in the comments below by the close of the challenge later in the week. Due to popular demand, I have extended the challenge to finish on a Friday evening now, that gives you a whole week  to submit your entry.

Please feel free to invite your friends to this page to support your entry. They might even feel like entering themselves.

So, on with the challenge.

Today’s prompt is:

Fear

My attempt at today’s prompt is:

The floorboard creaked, his hideaway discovered.
***

The Rules:

1. Write a story in six words or less inspired by the prompt.
  2. Write your story in a comment below to be entered. A link to a blog post is not an entry.
  3. A blog post and a pingback is not a requirement of the challenge, just your story in the comments below but feel free to add your own blog post if you wish. Remember to use the tag stellar story challenge if you do and provide a link to your post.
  4. Read and ‘like’ at least one other story published on this week’s prompt.
  5. The winner will be the story with the most likes at the end of the challenge. This week, the end of the challenge will be on Friday 30th October at 10pm GMT.
  6. I will announce the winner on this blog on Saturday morning and include a link to the winners blogs.
  7. First, second and third place will have the honour of downloading and using the below highly coveted awards on their blogs should they wish to do so.

Good luck!

SSS 1st SSS 2nd SSS 3rd

This entry was posted in Six Word Story Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Sometimes Stellar Storyteller Six Word Story Challenge

Nicola – success!!!!! I think you will now be able to link to me.

• Success indeed! I immediately ceased my NaNo prep to head on over. I’m so glad I can finally see you! I’ll have a good look around when I’m done outlining. I’m so glad you found the solution.

Thanks for the advice Nicola. I’ve tried all sorts of settings and have not yet been successful. You may be very disappointed when you do see my blog. It is very infrequent and not at all exciting! I’ve put a link on my gravatar so if you click on that you may be able to see me!

3. coralyhr says:

I can’t go home. Not anymore.

No! Please don’t take my baby!

• Oh my god. Every parents worst nightmare. It makes me shiver just thinking about it.

I still can’t get to your site by clicking on your name. Is it linked up properly? There is a setting that does this in your admin if you google it. Your blog is an enduring mystery to me!

5. Olga says:

https://odaciuk.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/sometimes-stellar-storyteller-six-word-story-challenge-fear/ I’m trying. I’m a dinosaur with technology. This is my site for the photo related to my post.

6. Pingback: Sometimes Stellar Storyteller—Six Word Story Challenge: Fear | Stuff and what if…

7. Pingback: Fear – A Six-Word Story | like mercury colliding...

8. izabolinha says:

“She clutched her baby, and screamed”

9. Some people use dramatic words such as fear very lightly – this can be frightening as in
    “I’m afraid not!” He announced, boldly.

10. Pingback: Six Word Saturday – Missed Curfew « Stories and Scribblings

11. Jenn says:

He tiptoed inside. Dad was waiting.

12. Pingback: Tiny Tales and (Very) Short Stories 4: HORROR | Aloada Bobbins

13. Haylee says:

Oooh, I have a whole post this week of scary, six worders! But this is the one I’ve chosen to enter the challenge:

In darkness, he felt it. Lingering.

14. Charlotte Latvala says:

Trembling violently, he faced the crowd.